Channel 10 confirmed on Thursday that the network and Warner Bros. decided it is “no longer practical” to continue filming the show in Sydney, despite “employing extra precautions on set for some time”.
- Australia Coronavirus Shutdown: What Is Still Open And What Is Banned
- MasterChef Australia 2020 Air Date Announced
Production will resume “when it is safe to do so”, said the network in an official statement to HuffPost Australia.
“While this decision is disappointing, we remain committed to keeping our audiences entertained and connected in these challenging times.”
Channel 10 has recently been airing promos for spin-off series Bachelor In Paradise which was filmed last year, as well as the new-look MasterChef Australia with a different panel of judges.
The news comes after the US season of The Bachelorette postponed production earlier this month.
Clare Crawley was the main star of the new season, after previously appearing on The Bachelor, Bachelor in Paradise, and Bachelor Winter Games.
- Former Married At First Sight Stars Reveal The Price They Paid For Fame
- Inside Bindi Irwin's Wedding: Star Says 'Difficult Decision' To Have 'No Guests' Apart From Family
- Love Island's Olivia Attwood Says Being 'Contained' In Villa Was 'Worse' Than Coronavirus Isolation