A restaurant managed by Australian reality star and chef Sarah Todd caught fire in Goa, India on Wednesday afternoon.
The former MasterChef Australia star confirmed on social media that Antares Restaurant & Beach Club had been affected by the “accidental fire” which “started in a neighbouring plot and then quickly spread to the roof of the restaurant”.
While no one was injured, the 400-seat beachside eatery was severely damaged as a result of the flames, which were extinguished within an hour.
“The flames were seen around 4.30 pm and immediately fire tenders were rushed to the spot,” inspector C L Patil of Anjuna police said, reports India Today.
The restaurant is owned by a Delhi-based businessman Ashish Kapur, however Sarah, who appeared in the 2014 season of MasterChef Australia, manages it.
We are saddened by the tragic and unfortunate incident that took place at Antares yesterday,” Sarah wrote on Instagram on Thursday.
— Ankur (@amlyatri) January 9, 2019
“The accidental fire started in a neighboring plot and then quickly spread to the roof of the restaurant. We are truly thankful that no one was injured.
“We would like to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for their support. Antares is a family and is very dear to my heart and we will work together to get through this. This moment from our staff party shows the strong, passionate team behind #Antares.”
The restaurant also issued a statement on its official Instagram page, confirming “further investigations are being done”.
Got a story tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.