Antonio Brown apologizes to police after profane outburst, arrest

Antonio Brown has apologized to the Hollywood, Florida police department a week after posting bail on a felony burglary with battery charge.

Brown had a relationship with the police department that patrols his Florida hometown that he had previously strained with a public, profane outburst directed at officers prior to his arrest.

On Friday, he issued an apology via Instagram “to everyone who I may have offended or disrespected.”

“As a human being and an (sic) professional athlete, I can honestly say that my emotions truly did cloud my better judgment,” Brown wrote.

‘From the top and bottom of my heart’

Brown accompanied the apology with a note about working again with the department’s Police Athletic League.

“P.S. The “PAL” Youth League, I’m looking to working with you all again in the near future,” Brown wrote.

Brown’s strained relationship with police

After multiple allegations of rape and sexual misconduct resulted in Brown being released by the New England Patriots in Week 2, the veteran NFL wide receiver worked out as a guest of the police department at its PAL facilities.

On Jan. 13, Brown live-streamed a profane outburst directed toward police at his Hollywood home as his children and their mother watched. He called them “bitch-ass police” among a slew of other insults.

The police responded by cutting ties with Brown, who had reportedly used their facilities for years.

“We made the decision to sever ties between Mr. Brown and the Hollywood Police Athletic League,” a Jan. 14 statement from the Hollywood police department read. “We did not want our youth to be subject to this type of behavior nor emulate the actions of Mr. Brown.”

Antonio Brown apologized to police and hopes to work with their youth athletic league again in the future. (Amy Beth Bennett/South Florida Sun Sentinel via AP)

Brown’s arrest

On Jan. 22, police issued a warrant for Brown’s arrest after he allegedly attacked a moving truck driver outside of his home a day prior. Brown and his trainer Glenn Holt allegedly refused to pay the $4,000 due after delivery of “a large number of designer clothes and shoes.”

Brown allegedly threw a rock at the driver and attacked him, prompting a 9-1-1 call to his home. Police arrested Holt that day, but Brown remained holed up in his home. He turned himself into police on Jan. 23 and posted $100,000 bond on the burglary with battery charge the next day.

He is also charged with burglary of an unoccupied conveyance and criminal mischief.

The judge in the case ordered Brown to undergo drug and alcohol testing and a mental health evaluation in addition to wearing a GPS monitoring device and surrendering his guns and passport.

More from Yahoo Sports