Alison Hammond shuts down engagement rumours, saying it's 'fake news'
The presenter said reports she is getting married are not true
Watch: Alison Hammond refutes engagement rumours
Alison Hammond has shut down reports that she is engaged, calling it “fake news”.
Rumours that the TV star was getting married to her mystery boyfriend started swirling earlier this week.
But she addressed it as she and fellow presenter Dermot O’Leary co-hosted This Morning on Friday (24 February), insisting there was no truth to the story.
Read more: Alison Hammond has turned down Dancing On Ice three times over skating fear
As the ITV show opened, O’Leary teased that there was something to celebrate and wedding bells started to play.
But, laughing, Hammond insisted: “It is fake news babes.
“I am not engaged, I’m so sorry, I’m not engaged.”
“I told you whenever I am engaged or getting married, I will be the first one to tell you,” said the 48-year-old.
“I’ll put it all over the Gram, I’ll put it on TikTok… you know what I’m like… there will be a ring.”
O’Leary then pretended that he was disappointed that there wasn't going to be a wedding, joking that he’d already bought a selection of hats for the big day.
Last summer Hammond did confirm that she was dating somebody.
The presenter spilled the beans during an appearance on ITV’s Lorraine after host Lorraine Kelly quizzed her on rumours she had a new romance.
“Congratulations,” said Kelly. “I know, because Dermot revealed it to everybody, because you were trying to keep this lovely romance under wraps.
"But it’s great, it’s just great.”
Read more: This Morning's Alison Hammond tickled by feud rumours and jokes she'll keep them going
Hammond replied: “Well all I’m going to say, I’m not going to say we’re in love and everything.
“All I can say is he makes my heart sing and I feel content.”
“He enriches my life in ways I’ve never had before,” she added.