When we’re not shopping for special buys, fresh fruit and delicious chocolate at Aldi, we’re scouring the liquor aisles for bargain wines.
And it turns out we’re not alone in our love for the retail giant’s wine choices, as they’ve won big at the Melbourne International Wine Competition 2019.
A $5.99 wine from Sicily won gold, a $6.99 pinot grigio won Pinot Grigio of the year and a double gold medal.
Check out the top winners below:
Individual awards –
1. Pinot Grigio of the Year - The Pond Pinot Grigio 2019 - $6.99
2. Margaret River Chardonnay of the Year - A.C. Byrne Chardonnay 2018 - $9.99
3. Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon Winery of the Year - Blackstone Paddock - $17.99
Double Gold Medal –
1. A.C. Byrne Margaret River Chardonnay 2018 - $9.99
2. The Pond Pinot Grigio 2018 - $6.99
3. Freya and Jules Watervale Riesling 2019 - $7.99
1. Blackstone Paddock Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
2. Coraggioso Nero D’Avola 2018 Sicilia DOC - $5.99
Got a story tip or just want to get in touch? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or sign up to our daily newsletter here.