When you work in showbiz, you tend to experience leaks, and sometimes that can include your own personal messages.
Here are 12 times celebrities were exposed for their alleged private texts.
1. When Kim Kardashian claimed that Kanye West continued to criticize her looks after their divorce. For example, he allegedly told her she looked like Marge Simpson when she wore this brown leather dress to the 2021 WSJ. Magazine Innovator Awards.
She also said Kanye told her he was "so mad" when he saw her wearing a certain orange outfit on another occasion. He allegedly texted, "I would have went to jail before I went out in that."
3. When semi-professional surfer Sarah Brady leaked alleged text messages from Jonah Hill, accusing him of being "emotionally abusive" during their relationship. In some notes, a contact saved under his name asked Sarah not to post certain content online and to avoid surfing with men out of respect for his "boundaries."
Kanye replied that he was "happy to see" Pete "out of the hospital and rehab," referring to the actor's mental health struggles, to which Pete said: "Same here. It's wonders what those places do when you go get help. You should try it."
5. When Blac Chyna posted messages purporting to show Tyga trying to get back with her while dating Kylie Jenner. In one alleged text, he wrote: “I want to be with u. I want to be positive. I want to be a family again. Want to start this friendship. Relationship.”
Kylie appeared to respond by calling the texts "fake."
I didn't know u could change the font size on tweets now. #fake
— Kylie Jenner (@KylieJenner) April 24, 2015
6. When a hacker got into Blac Chyna's Instagram account and revealed her alleged messages to a friend about "lazy" and "insecure" Rob Kardashian:
Rob later posted that he and Chyna had broken up after she took their now 6-year-old daughter, Dream, and left. "I have never been this heartbroken in my life," he wrote. "I loved every inch of that woman and loved everything that came with her. I truly loved Angela. I gave everything I owned for her. Didn't know I was just part of her plan. I really believed she was in love with me the way that I was with her, and I am so hurt and never felt this before. It's different when you have a kid with someone. And after reading Chyna's messages to her best friend, she was going to drop me after a year. She didn't even make it to that. I am so broken. This is a woman I fought my entire family for. I was in love with this woman to the fullest, and I was none of that to her."
7. When Megan Thee Stallion posted alleged text messages from Tory Lanez, where he apologized to her after she was shot in her foot in 2020. "I just got too drunk," one text read.
Megan thee Stallion posts text messages of Tory Lanez apologizing to her after their altercation. pic.twitter.com/Chp1bN8oTv
— Rap Alert (@rapalert6) February 23, 2022
8. When Paris Hilton's sidekick device was reportedly hacked, revealing messages to "call Maroon 5" and get a "birth control kill pill."
When Future allegedly sent this text message to a woman who flew out to see him and declined to have sex:
10. When Armie Hammer allegedly sent messages detailing rape and cannibalistic fantasies.
11. When Scott Disick was exposed for sending this to Kourtney Kardashian's other ex, Younes Bendjima, talking about her PDA with now-husband Travis Barker:
12. And finally, when a very-married Adam Levine was exposed for alleged cheating DMs to model Sumner Stroh.
Can you think of any other times when celebrities were exposed for their private messages? Tell me in the comments below.