- Weight Loss
- Sex & Relationships
- Women in Sport
- Life & Features
Benefits: Stretches outer hips; keeps spine flexible
Helps: Adaptation to change, back pain, range of motion in the shoulders, stiffness in the hips, constipation, diarrhoea, gas
1. Sit with your knees bent and shins stacked in front of you in square pose agnistambhasana): top of right foot on left knee, right knee on left foot.
2. Using your hands, move your right leg and place the sole of your right foot on the floor next to your left knee, right toes facing straight ahead. Move your left foot back, bringing the left heel next to your right hip.
3. Inhale and extend your left arm up. Bend it and place your elbow and upper arm on the right side of your right knee. Place right hand behind you, fingertips pointing back.
4. Exhale as you press your left elbow and upper arm into your right knee and twist your torso toward the wall behind you. Place your left hand on the outside of your right hip.
5. Inhale and lengthen the front of your spine. Then as you exhale, twist a little deeper.
6. To come out of the twist, exhale as you turn your torso back to face forward.
7. Switch sides and repeat.
Dec 21, 2012