- 1 large and 1 small loom
- Panda Toto in blueand green
- Scissors and glue
- Joggle eyes
- 3 x chenille sticks
- Large eye darning needle
- Selection of yarns
1. Make one large pompom in a mixture of colours and leave a long tail for joining creature. Make three smaller pompoms in each single colour.
2. Thread long tail of large pompom onto needle. Thread tail through the centre of one of each colour pompom, then repeat until all the pompoms have been used, making a chain of pompoms. Tie off end to keep the creature together.
3. Fold 2 chenille sticks in half and cut, fold in half and cut again (8 pieces). Place a stick between two body pompoms, twist and fold out to form legs. Repeat making legs between each lot of body pieces.
4. Take 1 chenille stick, thread through head and fold to form antenna.
5. Glue on joggle eyes.
- Moda Vera Shiver yarn
- Foam ball for head
- Joggle eyes
- Craft glue
- Cardboard 30cm x 10cm
- Scrap yarn
1. Wind yarn longways around the cardboard 24 times and cut end. Cut two 15cm pieces of yarn.
2. Put one piece between the cardboard and wrapped yarn, slide it up to the top and tie in a tight knot around the yarn. Cut yarn at the bottom and remove the cardboard.
3. Hold the knot and spread the yarn out evenly on table. Place the foam ball on the knot and pull yarn up to cover the ball. Take the other 15cm piece of yarn and tie in a tight knot around the neck with loose strands hanging below.
4. Divide the strands into 8 legs (6 strands for each leg). For each leg plait 3 lots of 2 strands together and tie at the end with a scrap of yarn.
5. Tie the ribbon in a big bow around the neck and knot small pieces around end of each leg. Glue eyes onto face.
- Moda Vera Harmony yarn
- Joggle eyes and glue
- Cardboard 20cm x 14cm
- Scrap yarn and scissors
1 Wind yarn longways around the cardboard 40 times. Slide a piece of yarn up to the top between the cardboard and wrapped yarn, and tie in a knot around yarn. Slide yarn off cardboard for the body.
2 Wrap yarn sideways round cardboard 20 times and tie at ends for arms.
3 Hold body together and tie a short piece of yarn around bundle 4cm below the top to form the head.
4 Lift up 20 strands of body, slide arms into the middle and tie a piece of yarn around body below arms to hold them in.
5 Divide strands sideways to form the legs, tying each bundle at the end.
6 Tie pieces of yarn 2.5cm in from each end of arms and legs to form hands and feet. Glue eyes onto face.
Yarn-wrapped pencil holdersWhat you need:
- Moda Vera Yarns - Harmony, Manor, Aldora
- Tins or containers
1. Place a spot of glue at the bottom edge of the tin, stick one end of the yarn to the tin and carefully wrap the yarn tightly around the tin.
2. Keeping the yarn tight, carefully wrap it until the tin is covered. Use a dollop of glue to attach yarn to lip of tin.
Tip: To brighten up the wrapped tin, glue on felt flowers or buttons.All materials available from Spotlight, visit their website