“This is a styled-then-slept-in look: this girl had a glamorous hairstyle the night before, and this is it the moment she gets up the next day and is maybe walking down the street for a coffee,” says Guido Palau, Redken creative consultant.
1. Apply Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam to damp hair from your roots to ends and then blow-dry straight.
2. Using a tail comb, create a deep part on the left hand side of your head.
3. Starting from your crown, begin to create volume by holding small sections of hair straight up and away from your head and then spraying your roots with Redken Quick Tease 15 Backcombing Lift Finishing Spray.
4. Hold each section upwards for a few seconds and then as it dries, let it fall. Continue over your entire head to create a backcombed effect.
5. Next, gather your strands into a low ponytail at the base of the head, leaving the height on top and adding Redken Powder Refresh 01 Aerosol Powder Dry Shampoo for extra matt texture.
6. Finally, using fingers pull a few wisps out of your ponytail to encourage a softly dishevelled effect.