“The look is totally sleek and straight to make the girls look tough – but not mean – and to give a bit of an edge to the simplicity of the collection,” says Kevin Ryan for Aveda.
1. Starting with clean damp hair, create a strong, straight centre part.
2. Next spray a mixture of Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and Aveda Volumizing Tonic from your roots to mid-lengths.
3. Blow-dry your strands straight using a round bristled brush. Smooth out any kinks or waves using a flat iron, ensuring that your hair is as flat to your head as possible.
4. Tuck your lengths behind your ears and then bring your hair forward over each shoulder.
5. Finish with a spritz of Aveda Air Control Hair Spray to smooth fly-aways.