With Valentine's Day just around the corner, many of you are thinking about how to look your best. Regardless of your check book, your skin will be glowing in just a few days with these 6 skin refinishers. You do not need to do all of these treatments. Just pick the one that fits your budget!
1. Start exfoliating now with Biore Pore Unclogging scrub ($8). Use twice a week and especially on the 14th. Scrubs remove the top layer of the skin cells, leaving your skin with a glow that will radiate under candlelight. Don't forget to moisturize! Note, do not do this if you have Rosacea or red, inflammed skin as it can make these conditions worsen.
3. Prescription Retin-A ($120-$200) can be applied in a thick coat one night, about a week before your goal date, to help your skin exfoliate. Use the Biore Scrub on the 14th in order to show off that sparkling, new found skin!
4. Chemical peels ($100-$120) are a more aggressive way to exfoliate. Your Dermatologist or facialist will know exactly what type of peel is best for you. Allow your skin 7-10 days to recover.
5. Get rid of those broken blood vessels or dark spots with an Intense Pulsed Light laser treatment ($500). You will look worse before you look spectacular, so give yourself at least a week recovery time.
6. From your finest lines to your deepest wrinkles, there is filler out there for you ($350-$1000). See your Dermatologist 10 days prior to the 14th and discuss with him/her what is best for you and preparations needed before your appt.
Here's to Great Skin and a Wonderful Evening!
All of Dr. Baumann's recommended skin care products are available online, and a portion of proceeds goes to The Dermatology Foundation.
You can sign up for Dr. Baumann's newsletter.
Visit Dr. Baumann's online forum and join thousands of other people who share your skin type.