Do you love coconut or coconut water? Move beyond regular recipes and use it in these tasty treats!
1. Use it as a SMOOTHIE BASEThere are countless smoothies you can make using fresh young coconut water and meat as the base! Get creative with your ingredients and come up with your own favourites. Here’s one of mine:• 1 fresh young coconut (water and meat)
• Heaped tsp maca powder
• Pinch of vanilla powder
• Heaped tsp almond butter
• 2 raw egg whites
• Optional handful of ice
A few suggestions for other great ingredients: cinnamon, cocoa powder, stevia, spirulina, nuts, blueberries.
2. BISCUITS! (need I say more?)Whether you’re on a strict training and nutrition program or not, these are scrumptious sweet treats that are low carb, high protein and pretty ok as fair as a health snacks go.Coconut Protein Cookies
• Meat from 2 fresh young coconuts (blended in a food processor)
• 1 ½ cups almond meal
• 2 egg whites
• Serving of protein powder (I used EzyProtein in Chocolate flavor)
• Pinch of cinnamon
• Tablespoon raw cocoa powder
• Optional cacao nibs for some crunch
• Optional pinch of Stevia or tablespoon of honey (not the honey if you’re really going low carb!)
Throw it all in a mixing bowl, scoop out little treasure bundles (do them small and flat so they crisp up) and in the oven they go! Bake ‘til golden brown.
3. Impress your Guests with a COCKTAILCoconut Cocktail Slushie
• ¾ cup fresh young coconut water
• ¼ cup coconut meat
• 1 cup frozen pineapple
• ½ cup frozen mango
• 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
• 1 tsp vanilla
• Mint leaves to serve
• (Obviously it’s not a cocktail without a dash of vodka... On special occasions ;)
Blend it all together and serve in a tall glass with a straw.
4. Have it for DESSERTCoconut Icecream
• 2 cups of young coconut meat (blended in the food processor)
• ½ cup coconut oil
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp vanilla
• Stevia to taste
Throw it all in the blender or processor until it’s creamy. Pour it over mushed up banana (or fruit of your choice, Mango or raspberries are great) and freeze.
Try these combos out but also have some fun getting a little creative with coconut - there’s so much you can do with them!