2 tsps ground cinnamon
Icing1/4 cup boiling water
1 Process butter, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until creamy. Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Process until mixture forms a firm dough. Turn out and divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2 Place one half between two sheets of baking paper. Roll out to a 1/2cm thickness. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut out rounds. Then using a 3cm round cutter, cut out the centres. Repeat.
3 Place onto oven trays lined with baking paper.
4 Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5 Make icing by stirring water into icing sugar until smooth. Spread over biscuits. Top with coloured sprinkles. Stand until icing is set.
- For something different, decorate these tasty treats with some Choc Bits.
- These doughnut biscuits are a healthier option over store-bought doughnut varieties as they are baked, not fried. Make them ahead of time or eat the same day.
- For coloured icing, just add a few drops of your favourite food colouring
and stir to combine.
- Iced biscuits can be made up to three days ahead. Store in an airtight container.
- Uncooked dough can be frozen for up to two months. Thaw in the fridge before cutting into shapes.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.