Fish Cakes400g firm white flesh fish e.g. blue eye or trevally, skin and bones removed and roughly chopped
Fresh coriander, for serving
Cucumber and Palm Sugar Sauce1/3 cup white vinegar
1 tbsp chilli paste
Sauce garnish1/3 cup cucumber, diced
1. Prepare cucumber and palm sugar sauce by combining the sauce ingredients together in a saucepan and allowing to simmer for approximately 10 - 15 minutes or until the sauce is reduced by half. Set sauce aside to reach room temperature.
2. Place the prepared fish and prawns together in a food processor and mince using the pulse action on the processor to form a smooth paste. DON'T OVER MIX. Transfer mince to a bowl and add remaining ingredients.
3. Using a wet hand, work the ingredients through the fish and prawn mince until well combined. Using a heaped tablespoon, form patties by tossing them from hand to hand for a few seconds, ensuring the mixture is compact and firm. Place formed patties on a large tray and repeat until all the mixture is used.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook patties in batches until golden brown in colour. Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper until all the patties are cooked.
5. Arrange hot fish cakes on a serving platter. Add cucumber, onion and peanuts to Cucumber and Palm Sugar sauce just before serving. Serve dipping sauce with Thai Fish Cakes and garnish with a handful of fresh coriander to the side.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.