1. Combine the flour, basil, half the salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the roast and turn to coat.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick casserole dish over medium to high heat. Add the roast and cook until browned, turning occasionally, about 8 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits.
3. Meanwhile, combine any remaining flour mixture with the stock, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add to the casserole with the carrots, escalots, celery, and garlic.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer until tender, turning the beef occasionally, about 2 hours. Remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining salt and black pepper. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
5. Serve each portion with 1/2 cup egg noodles.
Calories 386 Kilojoules 1,616 Total Fat 8 g Saturated Fat 3 g Sodium 466 mg Carbohydrate 33 g Dietary Fibre
5 g Protein 39 g