1. Position an oven rack in the bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Coat the base and sides of an 20 cm springform pan with cooking spray. Combine the flaxseed and oil with a fork in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pan base. (There may be some bare patches.) Set aside.
2. Place the artichoke and tomato, cut side down, on several layers of paper towels. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Whisk the ricotta in a mixing bowl until smooth. Gradually add the eggs, whisking until smooth. Add the
Romano, parsley, cornflour, oregano, pepper and salt. Whisk just until combined. Dollop the mixture into the
prepared pan. Spread to smooth. Place the artichoke and tomato, cut side up, on top. Press with the back of a
spatula to embed the vegetables.
4. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until set. Remove and allow to cool for at least 1 hour before serving. Or, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
5. To serve, cut into 10 slices.
Per serving: 617 kJ, 10 g protein, 3 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat (4 g sat fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium,
1.5 g fibre, 177 mg calcium
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.