1. Place mushrooms in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, garlic, thyme and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
3. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Separately pulse pecans and then lentils in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add to vegetables. Stir in eggs, 1½ cups of the breadcrumbs, and ½ tsp each of salt and pepper.
4. Form into burger patties. This mixture should make about 24 small patties or 12 larger ones.
5. Cook in a frypan over medium-high heat, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes. Serve on small dinner rolls with lettuce, tomatoes and pesto.
Nutritional info per serving
1,227 kJ (293 cal), 18g protein, 30g carbs, 8g fibre, 11.5g fat (1.5g sat fat), 577mg sodium
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.