1. Coat a large non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Cook the spinach, adding a
scant amount of water if needed to prevent sticking, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until wilted. Remove to a plate.
2. Spread the butter over 1 side of each bread slice. Sprinkle with the cheese.
3. Place the bread in a toaster oven or under a hot grill. Toast for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Fill the frying pan with enough water to measure 3 cm. Cover and bring almost to
a boil over medium heat. One at a time, add the eggs to the water. Reduce the heat to medium-low, or just until the water simmers. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the eggwhites are just set and the yolks are still runny.
5. Divide the toast between two plates. Divide the spinach over the toast. Using a slotted spoon, transfer 1 egg, well drained, to each slice of bread.
6. Drizzle with the pesto and sprinkle with the pepper.
Per serving: 1,344 kilojoules, 20 g protein, 21 g carbohydrates, 18 g total fat, 7 g saturated fat, 5 g fibre, 650 mg sodium
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.