1. Place flour, raw sugar and macadamia-nut butter in a food processor fitted with a dough blade; blend mixture to the consistency of breadcrumbs. Gradually add cold water, processing until mixture clumps together to form dough.
2. Transfer dough to a floured work surface and lightly knead. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make cherry syrup: heat reserved cherry juice in a small saucepan. Add caster sugar, almond meal, vinegar and vanilla extract. Simmer until juice reduces to a thick syrup, 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry dough on a floured work surface until disc is 30cm in diameter. Return remaining dough in the bag to the fridge.
5. Line base and side of a 22cm pie dish with pastry disc; prick with a fork. Line disc with a piece of foil and fill with pastry weights or dried beans. Blind-bake for 15 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake for 10 more minutes. Remove pastry case from oven and set aside to cool.
6. Fill case with cherries and cherry syrup. Roll out remaining pastry, cut into strips and crisscross pastry over cherry filling. Brush with milk, place on a baking tray and bake pie for
20 to 25 minutes.
Nutritional Info per serving
1,624 kJ (388 cal), 6g protein, 49g carbs, 4g fibre, 16g fat (1g sat fat), 3mg sodium
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.