3/4 cup good-quality white wineDough:
1/3 cup sugarCheese filling:
1. Poach the pears. Simmer the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Stir in the pears and wine. Let cool. Chill for at least 12 hours. Drain and dry the pears completely. Set aside.
2. Make the dough. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, egg and egg yolk, and salt. In a separate bowl combine the yeast and warm milk and stir until the yeast dissolves. Add to the flour mixture. Beat in the butter and sugar. Knead into a smooth dough, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 15-inch square about 1/4 inches thick. Cut into fifteen 3 by 5-inch rectangles.
4. Make the cheese filling. Mix the mascarpone cheese, sugar, corn starch, and egg yolk in a bowl. Stir in half the mozzarella cheese.
5. Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture across the end of each strip of dough. Sprinkle with pears and chopped chocolate. Fold the other half of the dough over the filling and pinch all sides to seal.7. Place the pockets on the prepared baking sheets. Mix the yolk and water together to create an egg wash. Lightly brush the pockets with the egg wash and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.