To make monkey:
1. Knead 100g white fondant on a clean surface dusted with icing sugar, until smooth. Tint light brown, kneading until smooth.
2. Knead and roll 100g of chocolate fondant into a 6cm long cone shape. Roll 30g into a ball for the `head’ and place on top. Roll out 50g light brown fondant until 2mm thick. Cut out a 5cm x 4cm chest piece. Moisten with a little water and stick on chest. Mark a belly button using a skewer.
3. Flatten and cut out a small piece of light brown fondant for monkey’s eye sockets as shown and stick on. Flatten and shape another piece to cover bottom half of face for cheeks, nose and mouth. Form two scalloped edges where eyes will sit. Join onto eye section. Mark nose and mouth using a skewer.
4. Roll two x 10g pieces of light brown fondant into 7cm long arms. Flatten two pea-size pieces of brown fondant for hands. Moisten end of arms and press on. Use the tip of a knife to make finger indents. Repeat with 5g pieces of chocolate fondant for legs and two feet.
5. Make two ears with chocolate fondant, moisten edge and hold in place on side of head for 1 minute until it adheres. Press a small piece of brown fondant in the centre of each ear. Make two small round` eyes’ with white fondant. Stick a small dot of light brown fondant in the centre for pupils. Stick onto face as pictured.
To make lion:
6. Tint remaining white fondant, as in Step 1, mustard colour using blended yellow and brown colouring. Make lions body, head and legs as shown in Steps 2 and 4, pressing fondant flat at the ends to make paws. Mark toes with knife. Flatten four pea-sized pieces of mustard coloured fondant. Stick two on face for cheeks. Form two ears and stick on.
7. Make a small button nose and two eyes with chocolate fondant and stick on. Use a garlic press to squeeze small pieces of chocolate fondant through to form hair. Run a knife along garlic press to remove. Moisten area and stick hair over head and around face. Stick on a few strands as whiskers. Roll out remaining chocolate fondant until 3mm thick.8. Use a sharp knife to cut out 12cm high trees trunks and allow to dry with animals overnight.
TIP: Use water to stick fondant to fondant. As it dries, it will adhere.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.