1. Place bones in a large stockpot. Cover with cold water; leave to soak overnight.
2. Drain bones and cover with cold water again; bring to the boil. Remove from heat; drain. Repeat process twice. 3. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Place onion and ginger on pan; grill until surfaces blacken, up to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and brush off loose charred pieces.
4. Place bones, onion and ginger in a large stockpot; cover with water. Set pan over medium heat and bring to the boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
5. Use a slotted spoon to skim skin from surface. Add remaining ingredients and gently simmer for another 1 1/2 hours.
6. Remove bones and strain stock through a fine-mesh sieve. Allow to cool, then scrape excess fat from surface.
Nutritional Info per serving (100ml)
28 kJ (7 cal), 1g protein, 0g carbs, 0g fibre, 0g fat (0g sat fat), 141mg sodium
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.