Ice-cream, to serveStewed rhubarb
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 24 x 15cm casserole dish with oil spray. Cut crusts off bread and cut into triangles. Spread both sides of each with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
2. Put rhubarb in prepared dish. Whisk eggs, cream, caster sugar, vanilla and zest in a large bowl. Dip bread into mixture, layer on top of rhubarb, then pour over remaining custard.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until just set. Set aside for 5 minutes. Dust with icing sugar, if you like, and serve with ice-cream.Stewed rhubarb
1. Cut rhubarb stalks into 3cm lengths. Weigh sliced rhubarb. For every kilo of rhubarb, you need 300g caster sugar, so adjust sugar as needed.
2. Combine rhubarb and sugar in a large saucepan and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Put pan over a low heat and cook, stirring regularly, for 40 minutes, or until rhubarb is a deep red colour and sauce is thick.
Per serve: 4655kJ; protein 6g; total fat 55g (sat. fat 34g); carbs 120g; sodium 534mg; GI estimate high (does not include ‘to serve’ items)
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.