Craving a rich, indulgent meal? No problem! This light dish will satisfy. You can use bacon or pancetta if you don’t have any ham and, for extra oomph, add sliced mushrooms.
200g ham, fat-trimmed,thinly sliced
¼ cup extra-light thickened cream
½ cup skim milk
½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Lightly spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Add chopped ham and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until crisp, then remove from pan.
2. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet instructions or until just tender. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking water. Return pasta to pan and keep warm over low heat.
3. Combine eggs, cream, milk and parmesan in a large jug. Add reserved cooking water, egg mixture, ½ the parsley and
½ the ham to pasta. Toss gently to combine so egg mixture starts to set and ham is warmed through. Serve pasta topped with remaining parsley and ham. Serve with a salad of green oak leaf lettuce, mesclun lettuce leaves and chopped fresh chives drizzled with a mustard vinaigrette made with 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
12 ProPoints values per serve, plus 1 ProPoints value per serve of salad with dressing
- Chrissy Freer, Jane Hann, Trish Heagerty, Marie-Helene Clauzon, Jenn Tolhurst, Kristine Duran-Thiessen
- Steve Brown, Louise Lister, John Paul Urizar, Ben Dearnley, Brett Stevens