1 handful coriander sprigs, to serveRUM MARINADE
180ml coconut creamSESAME CUCUMBER SALAD
1. To make marinade, put all marinade ingredients, except coconut cream, in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Remove from heat and stir in coconut cream.
2. Score pork fat in a deep diamond/crosshatch pattern, then cut into 4cm-wide slices. Transfer to a glass or ceramic dish and pour over marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to allow flavours to infuse.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C. Put the pork belly in a roasting dish, reserving marinade. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cooked, basting occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, put cucumbers in freezer for 20 minutes to chill.
5. Put reserved marinade in a saucepan over a high heat and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes or until marinade thickens and becomes a little sticky.
6. To make salad, roughly peel chilled cucumbers. Wrap in a large, clean tea towel and bash with a rolling pin until smashed into shards. Unwrap and transfer to a chilled bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine. Season with pepper.
7. Put pork on a serving plate and drizzle over sticky marinade. Serve with lime cheeks and coriander, and cucumber salad on the side.
If you can’t get your hands on a whole 1.5kg piece of pork belly, you can also use a couple of pieces that add up to 1.5kg.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.