1¾ cups self-raising flourFinely grated zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two 12-hole ¹⁄³-cup capacity muffin tins with paper cases.
2. Put butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and, using the paddle attachment, beat on high until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS RECIPE!
Makes 5½ cups2 cups caster sugar
4 eggwhites1. Put sugar and water in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Cook for about 5 minutes or until mixture reaches 117°C on a sugar thermometer (mixture will
be thick but not coloured). Remove from heat and allow bubbles to subside.
2. Meanwhile, put eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium until soft peaks form. With motor running, add sugar syrup in a slow and steady stream until combined. Increase speed to high and beat for 8 minutes or until the mixture is thick, glossy and cooled to room temperature.
3. Fold lemon zest into batter and spoon into prepared tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked when tested with a skewer. Swap tin positions in oven halfway through cooking.
4. Cool cakes in tins for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Cut a 2 x 2cm hole from cake centres and discard. Spoon heaped teaspoonfuls of lemon butter into each hole. Smooth tops with a butter knife.
6. Preheat grill to high. Prepare Italian Meringue Frosting. Spoon onto cakes and swirl frosting to create peaks.7. Put cakes on 2 large oven trays. Put under grill, 1 tray at a time, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Copyright © 2013 Yahoo!7
All rights reserved.