Model and David Jones ambassador Sam Harris appears in this week's FAMOUS magazine with the help of Napoleon Perdis make-up and Aveda.
- Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep, $44.95
- Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam, $29.95
- Aveda Air Control Hair Spray, $39.95How to:
1. Start by creating a good foundation of texture using Pure Abundance Style Prep and Phomollient Styling Foam. Work the product through the hair with your hands; start to blow dry to create a subtle texture effect that is soft and defined (not uncontrolled). Use a low setting of airflow.
2. Take thick sections, wind into loose twists and pass the dryer over each section. Roll up, as if you were doing a small bun and squeeze to cool, this helps set texture.
3. If extra texture is needed, tong with med to large tongs, taking larger than normal sections, starting at top of section and roll around the barrel. Result; the hair needs to be a textured barrel, not a flat wave.
4. Gently blow dry to release and loosen the tonged hair and define ends.
5. Now secure the ponytail by gathering the hair together just below the nape of the neck and secure with a hair tie and bobby pins.
6. Take a section of hair from the nape and wrap around hair tie
7. Give a gentle tug just below the occipital bone, to create added volume to the silhouette
8. Finish with a spray of Air Control to hold in place. Bring the pony over the left shoulder with a twist.