Mani's, totally not a new craze and definitely not going out of fashion anytime soon. However, over the years I've learnt that there are great mani's and there are mani's you get and wish you just stayed at home and did them yourself.GREAT MANI CHECKLIST:
- Great colour selection: bringing your own colour every now and again is ok, but not if you have to bring it every week because all the nail polishes are running out!
- Cleanliness: not just of the salon, but the utensils - remember they are using them on your nails and there's nothing worse than a nail infection.
- Friendliness: I know I usually have company when I go, but if you're going solo - it's nice to feel comfortable when having your nails done - after all it is a beauty treatment.
- Quick dry: Is it just me, but does anyone else find that they ruin their nails the MINUTE they walk out of the salon. I love when places offer a quick dry spray so that you can reach for your keys and there's no mishaps.
- Gel: At the moment I'm loving the GEL option, it lasts for two weeks, and when it's dry - it's dry! But be sure that the salons don't scrape your nails to get it off, just acetone with foil wraps should do it.
So now that I've given you the list, I'm guessing you want to know where I've checked them off?
Well I have found one that I love - great for Sydneysiders (hit us up on twitter and facebook around OZ with your favourite salon).
The Nail Lab
Newly opened salon in Darlinghurst! Not only are they open late during the week - so easy to pop in for a post-work mani, but you can also get a spray tan too. It's great for groups too, with a long couch (warning: it's so comfy you might just fall asleep) for pedicures. The salon is so bright and fresh.
Given that it's called The Nail Lab, all the utensils used come out of a sealed pack, similar to what you see at the dentist. But without the scary fillings and drills! The manicurists are well trained friendly and love a bit of a mani-design-challenge (See mine below).
Location: Shop 1, 330 Victoria St, Darlinghurst
Looking forward to hearing about your favourite salon.Love,
FAME GAL XOXO