- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
August 12, 2011, 3:12 pm homebeautiful
Trying to clear a path through the chaos? A host of experts share their tips for creating a relaxed and clutter-free kitchen, with style in mind.
1. Store frequently used products in handy-to-reach places - around waist to shoulder height - and for rarely used items, use high or low cupboards. - Mal Corboy, interior designer and Hettich ambassador
2. Make your island bench a feature with recessed shelves on the side to display attractive items, such as cookbooks or serving dishes. - Mara Lee, HB acting editor
3. Paint cabinet doors the same colour as the walls so they visually recede and create a sense of space. - Stephanie Powell, HB style editor
4. Don't have a separate dining room? Opt for cupboards on both sides of the kitchen's island bench; even a narrow one should be able to accommodate shallow shelving for items such as glassware. - Jane Parbury, HB features editor5. Locate a narrow, pull-out storage drawer immediately next to the oven, as an effective home for cake racks and baking trays. - Mal Corboy
7. Narrow shelves work well in pantries - you can't push things to the back, so out-of-date products won't accumulate. - Tanya Lewis, professional organiser, Eco Organiser
9. Create order with small baskets in the pantry for smaller food products such as baby food, sauces in sachets and spices. - Helen Butler, professional organizer, Clutter Rescue
10. Position a storage drawer with pull-out trays, like the Hettich 'Cargo IQ', next to the stove for access to cooking oils and spices. - Mal CorboyPhotography: Chris Court
Let's face it - there's nothing like walking into...
Find the right colour for your space with this...