- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
2 lemons, cheeks sliced, to serveSpiced crust
40ml extra virgin olive oilSmashed peas
To store fish, put on a plate or tray, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Cook and eat within two days.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. To make Spice Crust, put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine (add an extra splash of oil, if necessary).
3. Put fish on prepared tray and press spice mixture firmly on top of each fillet. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until fish is cooked to your liking.
4. To make Smashed Peas, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add peas and cook for 1 minute, then drain. Transfer to a food processor and add cream and butter. Pulse until mixture is a rough mash. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide pea mixture between serving plates and top each with spice-crusted fish. Scatter over mint and serve with lemon cheeks.Tips
- Ocean trout is available all year round. It has a firm, moist flesh and a medium oil content, which makes it suited to most cooking methods. When selecting, look for a marbled texture, an orange/red colour and fresh sea aroma. You can also use salmon in this recipe. Both types of fish are high in healthy omega-3.- If there are any leftovers, fill a crunchy baguette with the spiced fish, a little mayonnaise and fresh herbs.
These speedy Mexican cheese toasties, made simply...
Crunchy, chewy or soft, there's something for...