- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
To reduce the fat content, use coconut milk or light coconut cream instead of coconut cream.
1. Put beef and flour in a large zip-lock bag. Season with salt and pepper. Seal bag, then shake to coat beef in flour.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, in 3 batches, for 3 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer beef to a large bowl and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
4. Put curry paste, palm sugar and stock in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add beef, coconut cream and curry paste mixture to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour. Remove lid and cook for a further 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
5. Add beans and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.6. Top beef with almonds and coriander, and serve with steamed rice, mango chutney and pappadums on the side.