- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
Amaretti biscuits, to decorate Extra cocoa powder, to serveChocolate ganache
If you don’t have an espresso machine, make a strong plunger coffee or mix 1½ Tbsp instant coffee granules with 500ml water.
1. Spray a 20cm round springform tin with cooking oil. Line tin by separating the base of the tin from the side. Place a large sheet of baking paper over the base, with edges overhanging. Reassemble the tin and line side with baking paper, with edges extending 2cm above side.
2. Combine coffee, liqueur, brandy and icing sugar in a large jug. Pour ¹⁄³ of the mixture into a shallow dish.
3. Dip ¹⁄³ of the savoiardi biscuits, 1 at a time, briefly into coffee mixture so they absorb liquid, but don’t turn soggy. Arrange in base of prepared tin.
4. Beat mascarpone, cream and extra icing sugar mixture in a medium bowl until combined and thick. Spread ¹⁄³ of the mixture over soaked biscuits. Dust generously with cocoa. Repeat soaking and layering biscuits with mascarpone mixture and cocoa until all ingredients are used, finishing with a layer of mascarpone mixture.
5. Fold in overhanging paper towards centre of cake. Cover with plastic wrap and smooth surface. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
6. To make ganache, put cream in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then remove from heat immediately. Add chocolate, stir until smooth, then put in fridge for 10 minutes or until it reaches a spreadable consistency.7. Carefully transfer cake to a serving plate, discarding paper. Spread ganache over top, allowing a little to fall over sides. Put in fridge for 10 minutes or until firm. Top with amaretti biscuits and dust with extra cocoa to serve.