- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
Once filled, the biscuits will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container. You can make the unfilled biscuits a few days in advance.
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and line 3 oven trays with baking paper.
2. Put butter and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until pale and creamy. Stir through golden syrup. Add flour, coconut, cinnamon, salt and oatmeal, and stir to combine.
3. Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into 40 balls and put on prepared trays, spaced 4-5cm apart. Press lightly with back of spoon to flatten slightly.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely on wire racks.
5. Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let bowl touch the water). Stir until melted, then set aside to cool for 30 minutes or until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
6. Spread chocolate on flat side of half the biscuits and sandwich with remaining biscuits, allowing chocolate to ooze out sides.
7. Roll each biscuit filling in chopped walnut, then set aside to cool completely before serving.
- The kids can help with this recipe – no appliances needed, except the oven!- Instead of oatmeal, you can use porridge oats, blitzed in a food processor until a