- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
Take your meat out of the fridge about 15 minutes before cooking. This will allow it to come down a few degrees in temperature.
1. Preheat oven to 240°C. Put potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water and cook for
25 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Put onion in a large baking dish.
2. Put butter, ½ the chopped garlic and ¹/³ of the thyme and oregano in a bowl and stir with a fork to combine.
3. Slide fingertips underneath skin of chicken breast and gently separate from flesh. Put butter mixture under skin and spread. Put ¹/³ of the remaining herbs and remaining chopped garlic in cavity.
4. Squeeze juice from 1 lemon half over chicken and put squeezed lemon half in chicken cavity. Thinly slice remaining half. Tuck a couple of slices in between legs and breast and arrange other slices on top of chicken. Put chicken on top of onion in baking dish. Scatter unpeeled garlic cloves around chicken.
5. Gently press down on each potato with a potato masher until skins split. Arrange around chicken in dish. Drizzle chicken and potatoes with oil and season. Sprinkle with remaining herbs, then pour water into dish. Roast for 1 hour or until golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Rest for 10 minutes. Drizzle over pan juices to serve.YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS RECIPE
All you need is love… and a good dinner! Take...
These speedy Mexican cheese toasties, made simply...