- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
Wasabi comes from the stem of a native Japanese plant, and is most commonly used as a condiment for sushi and sashimi. This recipe uses wasabi paste, which is available from the Asian cooking section of large supermarkets
1. Using a pair of sharp scissors, cut along each side of chicken backbones and remove. Press down on breasts to flatten, then cut chickens in half through breastbone.
2. Combine lemon juice, soy, wasabi and sesame oil in a large dish. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C. Put chicken, skin-side up, in a baking dish. Roast for 55 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
4. Meanwhile, put onion and chilli on an oven tray and brush with oil. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Set chicken aside to rest for at least 10 minutes.
5. Put fresh ginger, vinegar and roasted chilli in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Top with pickled ginger and sesame seeds. Put chicken on a serving plate with roasted spring onion and serve with chilli mixture on the side.YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS RECIPE
All you need is love… and a good dinner! Take...
These speedy Mexican cheese toasties, made simply...