- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
Harissa can be bought from most supermarkets.
1. Grate onions into a bowl. Add salt and toss to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.2. Put onion in centre of a brand-new, clean kitchen cloth or square of muslin. Gather edges of cloth securely, hold
over a small bowl and squeeze tightly to extract onion juice. Discard flesh and set juice aside.
3. Finely chop garlic with a little extra salt. Transfer to a large bowl with cumin, caraway seeds, ground coriander, paprika, harissa, lemon juice, onion juice and tomato paste, and stir well to combine.
4. Add beef to garlic mixture. Toss to coat well and refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
5. Thread beef evenly onto 6 presoaked bamboo skewers.
6. Preheat barbecue or grill plate to high. Add skewers and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until tender and pink inside or until cooked to your liking.
7. Pile skewers onto a serving platter, top with parsley and fresh coriander and serve with flatbread, yoghurt and salad.