- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
- Use any leftover mint sugar to sprinkle on sliced fresh fruit, ice-cream or warm, buttered toast. Or, you can use it in cocktails. You’ll love the kick!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a Swiss roll tin with baking paper. Put eggwhites in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high until soft peaks form. Add ½ cup of the sugar, 1 spoonful at a time, and whisk until thick and glossy. Add vanilla, cornflour and vinegar and whisk for 30 seconds. Spread mixture evenly in prepared tin and sprinkle with pistachios. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and just set.
2. Lay a piece of baking paper on bench and sprinkle with ¼ cup of remaining sugar. Remove meringue from tin and invert onto paper. Replace paper on top with a fresh piece. Cover with a tea towel and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, use a mortar and pestle to grind mint and remaining sugar. Sift through a fine sieve.
4. Fold cream into custard. Spread on meringue, top with strawberries and pulp, then roll up to form a log. Dust with mint sugar. Slice to serve.YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS RECIPE