- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
To toast pine nuts, spread evenly on an oven tray. Cook at 180°C for about 5 minutes or until golden. Keep a close eye on them, as they can burn easily.
1. Preheat barbecue grill or griddle plate to hot.
2. Combine pine nuts, beans, parsley, onion, capers and oil in a large bowl. Season.
3. Add tuna to grill and cook, on 1 side only, for 3 minutes or until cooked halfway up the fillet.
4. To serve, put tuna on serving plates, rare-side up. Top each plate with a dollop of mayonnaise and scatter over a little of the bean and pine nut salad. Drizzle with oil and serve with egg, anchovies and lemon cheeks on the side.
- For perfect soft-boiled eggs, bring eggs to room temperature and place in a medium saucepan of cold water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the water and serve immediately.- White anchovies are filleted anchovies cured in white vinegar. They are sweeter than regular anchovies, with a mild flavour and slightly firmer texture. You can buy them from specialty food shops and good delicatessens.