- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
Not sure whether the jam is set? To test, spoon a small amount onto a cold saucer and gently push your finger through. If the surface of the jam wrinkles, it’s ready to roll!
1. To make jam, put cherries and jam-setting sugar in a large bowl and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Transfer cherry mixture to a deep, wide heavy based saucepan. Cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Do not allow mixture to boil.
3. Add butter and stir until melted. Increase heat and bring to a full rolling boil (a boil that cannot be stirred down). Cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and skim any foam from surface.
4. Spoon hot jam into sterilised glass jars and seal with lids.
5. To make pikelets, whisk buttermilk, egg, caster sugar, and extra butter in a large bowl. Gently stir in flour until just combined. Set aside for 5 minutes.
6. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking oil and set over a medium heat. Spoon tablespoonfuls of batter into pan. Cook for 1 minute or until small bubbles form on top of each pikelet. Turn over and cook briefly until lightly golden. Repeat with remaining batter to make about 16 pikelets.
7. Serve pikelets topped with cherry jam.IF THIS RECIPE DOESN'T TICKLE YOUR TASTEBUDS, YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS ONE