- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
n Per serve: 3706kJ; protein 78g; total fat 44g (sat. fat 15g); carbs 40g; sodium 1323mg; GI estimate medium
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Slide fingertips between breast skin and flesh to separate, then spread 100g of the butter under skin of each breast. Rub skin with oil, then season.
3. Put pistachios, garlic, sage, dried herbs, breadcrumbs and remaining butter in a food processor and pulse until coarse.
4. Stir in onion, raisins and wine, then stuff into turkey cavity.
5. Tie legs to tail with butcher’s twine to enclose stuffing.
6. Secure neck opening with a bamboo skewer.
7. Scatter celery and extra garlic in a roasting dish, then put turkey on top.
8. Roast for 20 minutes or until breast meat has begun to darken.
9. Reduce temperature to 150°C. Baste turkey with stock, one ladleful at a time. Roast for 20 minutes. Baste again.
10. Repeat roasting and basting process for a further 3 hours or until meat reaches 76°C when tested at the hip with a thermometer. At this point, the juices should also run clear if turkey is pierced at the hip with a skewer.
11. Cover turkey with a clean tea towel, then foil. Set aside to rest for 30 minutes before carving. Serve.YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS RECIPE