- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
Per serve: 1537kJ; protein 12g; total fat 22g (sat. fat 10g); carbs 30g; sodium 774mg; GI estimate high (does not include ‘to serve’ item).
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
2. Put potato and salt in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat and cook until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Put lamb in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook until well browned. Remove from pan.
4. Add eschalot, garlic and oil to pan and cook over a medium-high heat until golden. Add sumac, cumin, lamb, coriander, pine nuts and currants and cook, stirring, until combined. Remove from heat, then add haloumi, potato and ½ the lemon juice.
5. Lay 3 pastry sheets on a flat surface. Cut each in half lengthways. Spoon 2 Tbsp of mixture at 1 end of each.
6. Brush butter on pastry edges, then roll up, tucking in sides. Repeat with remaining pastry and mixture to make a total of 18 pastries. Put pastries on prepared trays and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
7. To make dressing, put chilli, molasses and remaining lemon juice in a small bowl and stir to combine.
8. Arrange pastries on a serving plate, top with extra coriander and drizzle over dressing. Serve warm.