- TV & Video
- Renovation & Decorating
- How To
- Be Healthy
- home beautiful
January 16, 2007, 10:52 am betterhomesgardens
Hey kids, if the grown-ups are having a party, make off with the corn chips and whip up your own party food - yummy nachos.
Nachos are quick to make and there's hardly any washing up. You could have them as a snack or a meal even if there's no party! Ask a grown-up to turn the oven on and off and to get the hot plate out safely.
1 tbsp sour cream
First, ask a grown-up to turn the oven to 180C and get out a special ovenproof plate - ordinary dinner plates will crack in the heat.
1. Put the beans in a colander and rinse with water, then put the beans in a bowl and mash them with a fork.
2. Spoon the mashed beans into the centre of the ovenproof plate.
3. Arrange the corn chips around the beans. Pour taco sauce on top of the beans.
4. Put the avocado on top of the sauce and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and use an oven mitt to lift the plate from the oven. Serve topped with a spoonful of sour cream. Have a pile of paper napkins to clean your fingers on.
Sour cream isn't really sour - it tastes tangy and delicious but you don't have to use it if you don't want to.Source: Kids' Party Food (Murdoch Books)
Joh joins A Place to Call Home star Frankie J...
Joh visits tennis legend Todd Woodbridge and Ed...