This rack sits nicely between the two storage towers and helps tie the whole unit together. It’s made from lengths of different decorative moulding which have been layered on top of each other, with a length of pine added to the top for a shelf.
Gather your supplies
19 x 19mm primed pine moulding quad
Decorative skirting 66 x 18mm primed pine moulding
138 x 18mm primed pine DAR
190 x 19mm (2) primed pine DAR
Double robe hooks
Mark, then predrill evenly spaced pilot and clearance holes across timber lengths, so they’re easier to screw together.
- Step 1: Measure distance between your 2 storage towers. Mark and cut all timber pieces to this length.
- Step 2: With top edges aligned, glue and screw quad to decorative skirting.
- Step 3: With quad/decorative skirting assembly face down, glue and screw 138 x 18mm pine DAR to assembly back, ensuring top edges are aligned.
- Step 4: Glue, then screw 190 x 19mm DAR pine to assembly back.
- Step 5: To add shelf on top, zigzag glue along top edges of assembled pieces. Position and screw length of 190 x 19mm DAR pine to assembly.
- Step 6: Fill any visible screw holes, sand smooth and wipe clean. Undercoat, then apply 2 coats of white paint, allowing to dry between coats.
- Step 7: Fix evenly spaced double hooks across rack. Attach coat rack to wall using suitable wall fixings.
You’ll also need
Dulux 1 Step Primer, Sealer & Undercoat; Dulux Aquanamel Semi Gloss in Vivid White; handsaw; paintbrushes; sandpaper; wood glue; screwdriver; drill bits, to suit; countersunk screws; wood filler; wall fixings, to suit