Keep your pet paraphernalia tidy in your own pet organisation station! Big enough to store leads, the painted drawers can also be home to your vet’s details, registration paperwork and worming calendars. Personalise your drawers with oversized alphabet stickers – if you can’t find stickers in the right colour, give a sheet of white stickers a lick of acrylic paint. Then, just peel and stick!
Gather your supplies
KaiserCraft Storage Unit SB2105
Jo Sonja’s All Purpose Sealer
KaiserColour acrylic paint in White, Eggshell, Soft Moss, Grass Green, Violet; Jo Sonja’s Gloss Varnish
tacky craft glue
sheet of alphabet stickers
30cm x 20mm green grosgrain ribbon
flat paintbrush or foam brush
- Step 1: Use glue to secure sides of drawers together. Hold drawer sides in position with strips of masking tape until glue dries.
- Step 2: Assemble drawer unit. Seal all surfaces with 1 coat of All Purpose Sealer and leave to dry. Undercoat with White paint. When dry, mix 1 part Soft Moss paint with 2 parts White paint and apply 2 thin coats, allowing to dry after each coat.
- Step 3: Mix 1 part Grass Green with 1-2 parts Eggshell to create 3 shades of green. Using a different shade for each drawer, paint each with 2 coats. Allow to dry after each coat.
- Step 4: Paint front of alphabet sticker sheet in Violet and leave to dry. Apply stickers to drawer (stick them to face of drawer that does not have a cutout) with tweezers, spelling out your pets’ name(s). Apply a coat of Gloss Varnish to entire unit and drawers and let dry.
- Step 5: Cut ribbon into three 8cm strips. Fold each strip in half and glue cut ends inside centre top of each drawer back. Hold in place with masking tape until dry. Insert drawers into unit, sticker side facing out.