Follow us on Twitter: @y7lifestyle
RELATED: All the David Jones S/S launch coverage
1. For a healthy foundation for this natural look, apply Aveda Color Conserve Daily Color Protect through mid lengths and ends of towel dried hair. (If hair is damaged, use Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair).
2. Spritz Aveda Pure Abundance Style - prep gently through entire hair.
3. Work 3 pumps of Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam through mid-lengths and ends of the hair. For hair that is harder to control (frizzy hair), also use Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep to combat extra humidity.
4. Divide hair into sections and blow-dry beginning with the back using a large round brush to keep hair tight. Ensure ends are wrapped tightly around brush when blow-drying to create a slight wave.
5. When completely dry, spray section with Aveda Air Control, then leave to cool down.
6. Continue onto your next section and repeat until the entire back is done.
7. With the main front area, again divide into sections and use the same technique as before.
8. Blow-dry each section of hair by brushing it up then back and dry thoroughly.
9. When reaching the last section closest to the hairline, the hair needs to be blow-dried forward.
10. Spray hair lightly all over with Aveda Air Control and leave to set for 5 mins.
11. With an Aveda Paddle Brush, turn head up-side down and gently brush through from front to back.
12. Place head back, part hair in the middle and brush very gently, finishing with Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid to smooth any fly away hair and dress the ends.
13. For extra shimmer, spray with Aveda Protective Hair Veil and finish with a light spray of Aveda Air Control Hairspray.How-to hairstyle: the 'Gwyneth' ponytail
VIDEO: Y!7 Lifestyle gets the lowdown on this season's hottest looks from Aveda stylist Josh Barnett backstage at DJs S/S launch...