From looking like the orange in a fruit bowl, to that weird patchy coverage to the tell-tale orange hands/feet dilemma, we've all witnessed those epic fake tan disasters. Luckily, celebrity spray tanner Katrina Brown has come to the rescue with her top tips for achieving an amazingly natural looking fake tan.
1. Hair removal day prior to tanning application.
2. Remove any traces of old self tan by using Sabiha tan removal mit.
3. Exfoliate to remove dead skin cells and give a smooth base for your tan. Use bronzed by brown body polish with AHA.
4. PH Balance your skin the day you plan to tan. Make sure your underarms are deodorant free, you have avoided using any oil based products, as they can leaves traces on the skin that can cause streaking.
5. Moisturise - Apply moisturiser sparingly to the feet, back of the heel, elbows, cuticles and hands only. Using a cotton pad, apply a small amount of moisturiser or Vaseline to your eyebrows, and hairline if you are fair.
Application Of Tan
6. Wear a mitt or latex gloves, it reduces the margin of error as you apply the tan and ensures you don’t stain your hands.
7. Barrier Cream Apply moisturizer to the hands, feet, back of ankles and elbows.
8. Baby Wipe your finger/toe nails with a cleansing wipe to prevent your cuticles and nail from turning brown.
Post Tan Tips
9. Wear dark loose clothing after your application.10. Rinse - Try and keep bath and showers cool or luke warm as hot water can stimulate the tan to break up
11. Moisturise the tan twice a day to lock in hydration and help your tan to fade naturally.
12. After washing, pat skin dry with your towel, rigorous drying will scrub off the tan and makes it go patchy.
13. Try not to swim, the chlorine can strip the tan off the body and cause patchiness.
The Bronzing Boutique is the creation of celebrity spray tanner Katrina Brown. The Bronzing Boutique is based in Double Bay and is essentially a one-stop bronzing and tanning shop.
Katrina Brown has a cult following from L.A to Australia, counting Charlotte Dawson, Delta Goodrum, Joh Bailey, Terry Biviano, Sophie Monk, Napolean Perdis, Erika Heynatz and Kerri-Anne Kennelly as some of her many clients.
For more information, visit The Bronzing Boutique.
Make-up artist Laurel Brown gives tips on how to avoid make-up problems from dry skin this winter: