To keep training interesting, consider interchanging your sessions with a swimming session a couple of times a week. Swimming is great as there is little impact on the body and can be a great way to relax ahead of a busy day.Swim workout tips:
- Use interval training to plan your session
- Fins provide great assistance and allow better technique for longer
- Having a kit bag of Fins, Pull Buoy and a set of paddles helps break up the session and keeps it interesting
- If you have had neck or back problems try a front snorkel that can be purchased online or at various swim shops.
There are 3 sessions (A, B and C) for each fitness and experience level. As you get stronger and fitter, go up to the next level.SESSION A: BEGINNER SWIM PROGRAM
SESSION B: INTERMEDIATE SWIM PROGRAM
SESSION C: ADVANCED SWIM PROGRAM
Other Great Start Workouts from Gillette:
- DAY ONE: Great Start Sunrise Session, calorie burner
- DAY TWO: The Olympian Strength & Core workout
- Click here to download and print The Gillette Great Start Fitness Program
Gillette is the proud sponsor of great starts in the London 2012 Olympic Games.